- DeMar DeRozan dropped 40 points last night, and Drake is wit’ it and ’bout it. The 40 spot was a career-high for DeRozan and helped the Raptors to a win over the Mavericks. Just as impressive as the point total, was that DeRozan did it on 15-22 shooting. DeRozan has increased his scoring nearly four points a game from last year and is also averaging career-highs in rebounds and assists.
- The Celtics and Wizards played a bizarre game that went into overtime after the Wizards clawed their way back from a big early deficit. There were more than a few strange plays and performances in this one. First of all, Phil Pressey scored 20 points, besting his previous career-high by 13 points. Also, he hit five three-pointers while having made just six on the season coming into last night’s game. Then, we had Jeff Green go off for 39 points on 8-16(!) from three. It was a season-high in points and career-highs in three-pointers attempted and made for Green. Plus, one of those threes was this one.
- Continuing with strange events from the Celtics-Wizards game, Gerald Wallace hit the game winner in the closing seconds of overtime. Yep, Gerald Wallace. Game winner. 2014. It was hard for me to believe as well, and I watched it live.
- The Knicks lost again last night, their fifth in a row. This time, it was at the hands of the mighty 76ers. We had another career-high in this one, as Evan Turner dropped 34 points. The most important thing about this game, however, was “Air Bargnani.” SB Nation has a roundup of everything you need to know about his failed dunk attempt, and you can check that out here. But if you’re too lazy to click on that link, watch the video below.
- THE MILWAUKEE BUCKS WON LAST NIGHT! NO, I’M NOT KIDDING. THE MILWAUKEE BUCKS WON A BASKETBALL GAME LAST NIGHT. IT WAS CARON BUTLER BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT, AND THE HONOREE PUT ON A SHOW, DROPPING 30 POINTS. ALSO, GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO DID SOMETHING COOL AGAIN. GO BOBBLEHEADS, GO GIANNIS, GO BUCKS.
Giannis Antetokoumpo driving Euro-step, double clutch reverse layup https://t.co/hBntYDLcbA
— K L Chouinard (@AnaheimAmigos) January 23, 2014
- Kevin Durant was at it again last night, scoring 37 points to lead the Thunder over the Spurs. It’s become too easy for Durant at this point. He’s so smooth and in control. He gets to wherever he wants and can finish over, around and through defenders. What an incredible streak.
- During the Spurs-Thunder game last night, Gregg Popovich picked up a technical foul, and it reminded me of this rap song about the Spurs coach. So I’ll leave you with this. Trust me, it’s incredible.
Topics: Air Bargnani, Andrea Bargnani, Boston Celtics, Caron Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Drake, Gerald Wallace, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Gregg Popovic, Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phil Pressey, Rap, San Antonio Spurs, Toronto Raptors