- In case you weren’t aware, last night was Drake night in Toronto, and it was magical. We already showed you the picture of Drake’s jacket lined with a Vince Carter jersey, but that was just the beginning. We’re going to have a longer post detailing everything that went down, so I don’t want to spoil anything. Just know that it was everything you could ever hope it to be. Here’s Drake’s jacket again, in case you missed it. Oh ya, that’s right. There was also a basketball game. The
DrakesRaptors won, 96-80 over the Nets.
— Jack Maloney (@jmaloney9) January 11, 2014
- Brandon Jennings had a big night last night, dishing out 18 assists – 16 of which came in the 1st half, setting a new franchise record for assists in a half. It’s no surprise really, considering that it was Drake night and Jennings is easily the league’s biggest Drake fan. Here’s one of his best efforts.
- Another win for the New York Knicks last night, and suddenly they’ve won four in a row and are just a half game out of the playoffs. Both Amare Stoudemire and J.R. Smith played well off the bench, as they took care of the Sixers. Stoudemire finished with 21 points (8-10 shooting) and 5 rebounds, while Smith added 14 points (5-8 shooting) and 6 assists.
- Chicago won again last night, knocking off the Bobcats to push their win streak to five games. They’re 3-0 now since trading Luol Deng, and Joakim Noah noted last night that the team is definitely not tanking. Which, knowing Tom Thibodeau, is not surprising in the slightest. Unfortunately, packing it in is probably the best thing the team could do for its future. It’s just so hard to tell a fan base that the rest of the season is meaningless when you still have to sell tickets for another three months.
- Boston and Orlando both lost again last night, pushing their losing streaks to eight and seven games, respectively. The two will meet a week from today in Orlando. Each team has winnable games before then, but it’s very possible we could see a matchup of 11 and 10 game losing streaks. Regardless, there promises to be plenty of blood as we’ll witness one of the largest battles of the Great Tank War of 2014.
- Dirk Nowitzki dropped 40 on the Pelicans last night, so that was awesome. In case you had forgotten that the big German can still play, check out the highlights below.
- I will leave you today, with this amazing block from our favorite
Milwaukee Buckhuman, Giannis Antetokounmpo. Very length. Much jump. Such block. Wow.
Topics: Amare Stoudemire, Boston Celtics, Brandon Jennings, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons, Dirk Nowitzki, Drake, Drake Night, Giannis Antetokounmpo, J.R. Smith, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors