Last night on twitter dot com, the Blog Mamba, Matt Moore (@HPBasketball) started tweeting awesome things about basketball that he was excited about seeing again.
Inspired by those tweets I started writing down what I’m excited about for this upcoming season. Here are some of those things.
- Rajon Rondo’s return: Rondo is my favorite player in the league (coming in just ahead of Jordan Crawford) and no matter how bad the Celtics are going to be this year, it’ll be great to see him back on the court.
- Rajon Rondo’s ball fake: It’ll be great to see this make it’s return as well.
- Kevin Durant vs. the world: Durant is going to have to do it all this season until #LetWestbrookBeWestbrook returns and it should be glorious to watch. He may put up a few 50 or even 60 point games, just due to the fact he’s going to be shooting a crazy amount of shots.
Speaking of, #LetWestbrookBeWestbrook’s return: Russ is a just a joy to watch. He’s so dynamic, and he’ll definitely be missed, both by the Thunder and basketball (twitter) in general.
- Ginnias Antetoknounmpo and Dennis Schröder: These foreign-born rookies may not end up being the best players of this draft class, but they’ll certainly be exciting. Can’t wait to watch them develop as the season goes on.
- Tony Allen: What’s not to like about the “Grindfather?” He plays incredible perimeter defense, and is one of the best NBA tweeters.
- Speaking of Twitter, Ekpe Udoh: After getting to talk with him on multiple occasions in #HangoutSquad, Ekpe will always be one of my favorites. Should be fun to keep tabs on him throughout the year.
- Jordan Crawford: Steez on my friend.
- Derrick Rose’s return: The NBA is a better place with Rose on the court, and he’s looked like his old self in the preseason.
- Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans Experience: Davis is going to be awesome this year. As for the team overall, I’m not so sure. But whether or not they turn into a playoff team, they’re one of the most intriguing teams in the league.
- Ricky Ruuuuubbbiiioooooooooooooo: No need to elaborate. Ricky is the best.
- Chandler Parsons: Who doesn’t love Chandler Parsons?
- Kyrie Irving leading the way for the Cavs: As good as he’s been already in his short career, Irving will probably be even better this year. It’s a scary thought for his opponents, but a beautiful one for fans.
- Jim Ross getting dubbed over a monster dunk: A tradition that started last year with DeAndre Jordan destroying Brandon Knight, and is officially here to stay. GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!
- Stephen Curry getting hot: No one in the league gets hot like Stephen Curry gets hot. The man is incredible. When he’s feeling it, it’s absolute must-watch theater.
- Watching Andre Drummond grow: A fan favorite even before his summer of love won over everyone, Drummond is in line for a much larger role this year. Really excited to see if he can continue to prove the critics wrong.
- Everything else about the Pistons: With Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, and Greg Monroe, combining with Drummond, the Pistons are one of the most interesting teams around. Safe to say, nothing will be the same in Detroit after this season. (Nailed that Drake joke.)
- LeBron: He’s the best basketball player in the world. On numerous occasions this year, he’ll do something so ridiculous that you’ll have to watch the replay on YouTube 20 times in a row just to process it. So yeah, LeBron is going to be awesome, as per usual.
- _______ Dot Gif: Whether it’s a big dunk, a crazy block, a rowdy bench celebration, or someone in the stands, there will be countless .gifs (pronounced with a hard g, by the way) throughout the year that remind us why basketball is awesome.
LARRY SANDERS!: He burst onto the scene last year as a defensive monster, and quickly won over fans across the league. I can’t wait to see his development throughout this year.
- #LeaguePassAlert: Nothing’s better than scanning through Twitter, seeing “#LeaguePassAlert,” and scrambling to flip over to said game.
- JaVale McGee: @highkin’s #TeamPierre, I’m #TeamPierre, and you should be too. DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU HE DID LIL B’S COOKING DANCE AFTER HITTING A THREE-POINTER LAST YEAR?
- #BasketballTwitter: Not really sure how to explain this one, but it’s basically a subsection of Twitter that’s obsessed with basketball.
- TNT Thursdays and staying up late to watch Inside the NBA afterwards: The Thursday night games on TNT usually showcase some of the best teams in the league, and Inside the NBA is the best sports studio show around.
And now I’m near 750 words, so I’ll call it quits here. This is by no means a complete list, or in any type of order. I could really go on forever. These are just a sampling of the things that came to my head when I thought about this year.
Comment below and let us know what you’re excited about this year!
Topics: NBA Back