Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Mavericks (12-17) 105 @ Thunder (22-6) 111 – OT
- Leading scorers: DAL – Darren Collison 32, OKC – Kevin Durant 40.
- Kevin Durant put up a 40-spot on the Mavs, along with 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks.
- The Thunder as a team had 13 blocks, more than doubling the Mavs 5.
- Serge Ibaka had a monster game as well, with 19 points (7-10 FG), 17 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins both struggled with their shot, shooting 7-20 and 0-6 from the field respectively.
- Darren Collison had an incredible game for Dallas, scoring 32 points on 13-22 from the floor, grabbing 5 rebounds, dishing 4 assists and having 4 steals.
- O.J. Mayo was certainly quiet in 36 minutes, with only 4 points (1-7 FG) and 6 turnovers.
- Shawn Marion looked like The Matrix of old, with 14 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists.
Celtics (14-14) 77 @ Clippers (23-6) 106
- Leading scorers: BOS – Kevin Garnett 16, LAC – Matt Barnes 21.
- The Clippers are now at 15 straight WINS.
- Matt Barnes led the Clips with 21 points, knocking down 5-9 from downtown.
- Blake Griffin (15) and Caron Butler (14) were the only Clipper starters in double figures.
- Lamar Odom had a very solid game with 13 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocks (also 4 points).
- Eric Bledsoe totalled 6 steals in only 19 minutes.
- The Celtics meanwhile, only scored 10 points in the 4th quarter.
- Jason Collins got the start at center and contributed exactly 0 points, 1 rebound and 1 turnover in 17 minutes. Think the C’s need a big, like yesterday?
- Rondo did put up 10 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists.