Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Knicks (14-4) 112 @ Heat (12-5) 92
- Leading scorers: NYK – Raymond Felton 27, MIA – LeBron James 31.
- 0: The number of minutes played by Carmelo Anthony, who missed the game with a cut on his hand.
- In their second win over the Heat this season, and for the second time, the Knicks made an incredible 18 threes (in 44 attempts), good for 40.9%.
- An underrated piece to the Knicks season so far isn’t just shooting, but lack of turnovers (they lead the league in this category). In this game, they only turned the ball over 7 times.
- Ray Felton had his best scoring game of the season with 27 points (10-20 FG, 6-10 3PT) and 7 assists.
- Steve Novak played 34 minutes and finished with 18 points on 7-13 (4-9 3PT) shooting.
- On the Heat side, LeBron flirted with his usual triple double with 31 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists.
- Chris Bosh (3-12 FG, 12 pts) and Dwyane Wade (3-13 FG, 13 pts) both struggled in this game.
Mavericks (9-10) 97 @ Suns (7-13) 94
- Leading scorers: DAL – O.J. Mayo 23, PHX – Goran Dragic, Markieff Morris 15.
- The Mavs bench played particularly well, scoring 56 of the 97 points. Brandan Wrigth (8-12 FG, 16 pts), Chris Kaman (7-12 FG, 15 pts) and Darren Collison (10-12 FT, 16 pts) led the second unit.
- O.J. Mayo continued his steady play with 23 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists, which included the go ahead bucket in the dying minute.
- Markieff Morris did some damage for the Suns with 15 points, 17 rebounds (a career high), 3 assists and 2 blocks.
- Luis Scola put up 13 points and 9 rebounds off the Suns bench.
- The Mavs opened up the 3rd quarter with a 23-4 run.