Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers“>Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Mavericks (7-8) 98 @ 76ers (9-6) 100
- Leading scorers: DAL – Chris Kaman 20, PHI – Evan Turner 22.
- Evan Turner had it going for Philly with 22 points (8-12 FG), 4 rebounds and 4 assists.
- The Mavs now have a pretty decent collection of players coming off their bench. Darren Collison (recently benched), Elton Brand and Vince Carter combined for 34 points on 16-31 shooting.
- Chris Kaman had 20 points on 9-13 from the floor.
Suns (7-8) 91 @ Cavaliers (3-12) 78
- Leading scorers: PHX – Goran Dragic 19, CLE – Anderson Varejao 20.
- Is Anderson Varejao a lock to win the rebounding title? He gets better every game. Added 18 boards in this one, along with 20 points (to lead the team).
- Maybe the rebounds were more frequent due to the Cavs going 2 for 15 from behind the arc.
- Goran Dragic again led the Suns in scoring with 19. Also, he took 11 shots, which was the most on the entire team. A very slow paced game.
- Jared Dudley, Luis Scola and Jermaine O’Neal were a combined +74 rating off the bench.
Raptors (3-12) 101 @ Rockets (7-7) 117
- Leading scorers: TOR – Andrea Bargnani 21, HOU – James Harden 24.
- The Rockets walked all over the Raps in this game, shooting 53% from the field and collecting 30 assists on 44 made buckets (68% assist ratio).
- Omer Asik used his size to dominate with 13 points and 18 rebounds.
- James Harden dropped a 24-point, 12-assist, 6-rebound game.
- Terrence Ross was the story from the Toronto side of the ball, getting a career high 35 minutes, scoring 19 points and grabbing 5 rebounds.
- Bargnani shot the ball better, going 8-12 overall and 3-4 from downtown for his 21 points.
Timberwolves (6-7) 97 @ Kings (4-10) 89
- Leading scorers: MIN – Kevin Love 23, SAC – DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans 20.
- Kevin Love had a monster game for the Wolves with 23 points and 24 rebounds.
- Wolves outboarded the Kings overall 51-36.
- AK47 put up 14 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks.
- Tyreke Evans is showing some real positive play in the past few games, including 20 points (9-14 FG), 7 rebounds and 6 assists in this one.
Pacers (7-8) 79 @ Lakers (7-8) 77
- Leading scorers: IND – George Hill 19, LAL – Kobe Bryant 40.
- Kobe Bryant (40) and Dwight Howard (17) had an unreal 57 of the Lakers 77 total points, which equalled 74%.
- Kobe was also on the wrong side of a triple double with 40 points, 10 rebounds and 10 turnovers.
- David West had a great game for Indiana, scoring 16 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and dishing out 8 assists.
- George Hill hit the game-winning floater and finished with 19 points (7-12 FG), 5 rebounds and 5 assists for the night.