Cleveland Cavaliers at Philadelphia 76ers“>WBrooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers”>elcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Hornets (3-2) 68 @ Hawks (2-3) 97
- Leading scorers: NOH – Anthony Davis 19, ATL – Josh Smith 16.
- Ugly game for the Hornets here, where they shoot 32.9% (23-70) from the field and give up 48 points in the paint.
- Anthony Davis led the team with his 36 minutes, 19 points and 7 rebounds but where are all the blocked shots? 0 in this game.
- Of the 11 players that played in the game for Atlanta, only 2 of them did NOT have a 3-point attempt (Zaza Pachulia and Al Horford). The Hawks took 30 overall, draining 9 of them.
- Josh Smith led the way with 16 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Horford posted a double double with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Pistons (2-3) 78 @ Heat (2-2) 105
- Leading scorers: DET – Greg Monroe 15, MIA – Dwyane Wade 21.
- The Pistons (with one of the larger preseason rosters in the league right now) had 16 different players play in this game.
- They also missed 18 of their first 22 shots and went 2-16 overall from behind the arc.
- Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey combined for 12 points (5-16 shooting), 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Prince played 23 minutes and Stuckey 27.
- LeBron James and Dwyane Wade dished out 13 of the team’s 24 assists.
Grizzlies (3-2) 97 @ Bucks (2-2) 94
- Leading scorers: MEM – Mike Conley Jr., Rudy Gay 20, MIL – Monta Ellis 20.
- All 5 Grizzlies starters scored in double figures (Gay 20, Conley 20, Speights 16, Ellington 10, Jordan 10).
- Leading scorers Gay and Conley were a perfect 21 for 21 from the free throw line (Grizz were 23-25 (92%) overall).
- In scoring 19 points, all of Brandon Jennings field goals were threes (5-6).
Celtics (2-4) 115 @ Nets (3-1) 85
- Leading scorers: BOS – Paul Pierce, Courtney Lee 18, BKN – Brook Lopez 14.
- ALL 10 starters in this game scored in double figures.
- The Celtics were hot, shooting 56.5% (48-85 FG) overall and 11-19 (57.9%) from 3-point range. Pierce and Terry were a combined 9-9.
- Joe Johnson and Deron Williams, the Nets wildly expensive backcourt tandem, combined to shoot 6-22 from the floor.
- ZERO Brooklyn Nets had a + rating in this game. Josh Childress was as high as -4 and Mirza Teletovic as low as -20.