Brooklyn Nets at Philadelphia 76ers“>Welcome all stat geeks! “Box Score Bulletin’” is sifting through, analyzing and summarizing all of the NBA box scores from the previous day and night, so you don’t have to! So sip your coffee and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly…
Celtics (1-3) 75 @ 76ers (2-1) 107
- Leading scorers: BOS – Paul Pierce 16, PHI – Spencer Hawes 17.
- One would have to really reach to find anything of note for the Celtics in this one. Brandon Bass had 11 points and 6 rebounds. Yep, that’s all I got.
- The Sixers were incredibly efficient with 32 assists on 43 made field goals.
- Spencer Hawes (and his ridiculous haircut) was productive off the bench with 17 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists in only 18 minutes.
Magic (0-3) 111 @ Cavaliers (3-2) 114 – OT
- Leading scorers: ORL – Glen Davis 27, CLE – Kyrie Irving 22.
- Big Baby had a huge game with 27 points, 8 rebounds and got to the line 13 times (9-13).
- The Magic bench outplayed the starters in this one. J.J. Redick, E’Twaun Moore and rookie Andrew Nicholson combined for 47 points (19-33), 13 rebounds and 15 assists.
- Kyrie Irving finally got his (free throw) shooting in order. He was only 5-8 from the field, but 11-11 from the line in scoring 22 points.
- The Cavs were 11-24 (44%) from behind the arc.
Wizards (1-3) 88 @ Nets (2-0) 98
- Leading scorers: WAS – Martell Webster 18, BKN – Brook Lopez 18.
- The Wiz took the loss, despite only have 8 turnovers in the game.
- Martell Webster led with 18 points that included 10-10 from the three throw line, which further included 2 3-point plays from behind the arc.
- With production like this (18 pts, 11 rebs), Brook Lopez could end up an All-Star this season.
- I was a fan of the Andray Blatche signing since day one, even though he’s as potentially crazy as he is talented. The Nets would take 16 points and 8 rebounds every night.
Rockets (2-2) 104 @ Mavericks (2-1) 123
- Leading scorers: HOU – Kevin Martin 23, DAL – O.J. Mayo, Jae Crowder 20.
- While Jeremy Lin had the night off, his backcourt teammate Kevin Martin led the Rockets with 23 points on 8-15 shooting.
- Just a thought here, but I wonder how long it’ll be before Jae Crowder replaces Shawn Marion in the Mavs starting lineup? With nights like this (20 pts, 5 rebs), it might be sooner than anyone thinks. Love this guy.
- The Mavs shot 52% from the field in the game and blocked 10 shots.
Warriors (3-1) 98 @ Nuggets (3-0) 104
- Leading scorers: GSW – Stephen Curry 25, DEN – Danilo Gallinari 18.
- Steph Curry’s ankle must be getting stronger with each game. He had 25 points on an excellent shooting night (10-15 FG, 4-5 3PT).
- The Warriors as a team shot 11-20 (55%) from downtown.
- Proof that the Nuggets are going to be tough out every single night? They shot the ball marginally worse than the Warriors (48% to 40%) and still got the win.
- Kosta Koufos grabbed 13 rebounds in only 16 minutes off the bench.
Trail Blazers (1-2) 100 @ Kings (2-0) 117
- Leading scorers: POR – Damian Lillard 20, SAC – Marcus Thornton 23.
- Rookie Damian Lillard has now led the Blazers in scoring on all 3 preseason games by adding another 20 tonight.
- For anyone on Adam Morrison watch: 5 minutes, 0 points (0-2 FG), 1 personal foul, -6 rating.
- I hope this is a typical Nic Batum game: 14 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists. Although some blocked shots are in his range as well.
- DeMarcus Cousins will make a serious All-Star push this year. Tonight? 20 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks.