Today, I thought I’d try something new. Instead of an article about the NBA, I thought I would list off a bunch of random thoughts about the NBA, mixed in with thoughts about life in general. Of course you can look to Saving the Skyhook for a new article soon, but today I thought you, the reader, might enjoy something different.
1. Ron Artest is complaining about the criticism he’s received playing for the Lakers. Should we expect anything less from a guy who thanked his psychiatrist after winning the Larry O’Brien trophy last June?
2. Sticking with Ron Artest, what team would want any part of that contract? I honestly think he’s almost impossible to move at this point.
3. From one Western Conference team to another, when will the Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony? I think they may have lost all of their leverage at this point. How many times can you almost trade a guy?
4. Speaking of the Nuggets, wouldn’t JR Smith look good in a Bulls uniform? I know I’ve discussed this already, but with news that the Bulls may be adding Anthony Parker, I think Smith deserves a look. I think his impact would be much greater than Parker’s.
5. Who would do more damage in the playoffs, the Bulls or Magic? I’m still not sold on the moves the Magic made; outside of adding Hedo Turkoglu have they really improved?
6. The Playoffs should be intriguing this year, but not the first round. I mean, the seventh and eighth seeds in the Eastern Conference will likely get swept, and I’m not sold on the Hawks and Knicks yet. We may be in for a boring first round out East.
7. Out West, however it’s a different story. The first through seventh seed seem pretty evenly matched, and the eighth seed could be whichever team catches fire, so we should be in for a very exciting first round in the Western Conference.
8. Portland is currently that team out West that is in the eighth position. LaMarcus Aldridge had the best game of his career yesterday scoring a career high 40 points, and pulling down 11 rebounds. Should he be an All-Star?
9. Speaking of players who should be All-Stars, have you seen Kevin Love’s All-Star campaign? I think he released that perfume commercial spoof, a little too late. I think it may have swayed voters, but no way will coaches be drawn in to a cheesy commercial.
10. One thing I don’t understand about people. How come when it snows everyone freaks out and comes up with lame terms like snowpacolypse, snowmaggedon, etc.? It’s winter! Get used to it!
11. With that being said there is a lot more snow this week than usual, and it was a shame watching the Raptors square off against the Pacers last Monday, it seemed like only 20 people showed up for the game due to the weather.
12. The Raptors are lucky to even get that many people to watch them play on the road. The Raptors are Cleveland Cavaliers bad, losing 12 games in a row.
13. With that said, neither team is as bad on the road as the Wizards. The Wizards haven’t even won a game on the road yet. Wouldn’t it be interesting if they didn’t win a single game all season? That’s highly unlikely since they play in Cleveland on Sunday.
14. I’m surprised that I’ve gone this long without mentioning the Miami Heat. The Heat might be my least favourite team, but I’ve watched more Heat games than any other team.
15. Another team that I’ve watched a lot of games of are the Los Angeles Clippers. Blake Griffin is electrifying, and exciting to watch.
16. The NBA Dunk Contest should be entertaining this year. I don’t know about you, but I am so sick of watching Nate Robinson take three attempts to land a dunk. OK we get it, you’re short! Griffin and DeMar DeRozen should turn things around.
17. Yes that’s right, All-Star Weekend is coming up, and while I am look forward to the Dunk Contest, I’m sure teen girls everywhere are suddenly taking an interest in basketball. Justin Bieber will be taking part in the Celebrity Game. I feel this move is about one thing, and one thing only; money.
18. Speaking of money, wouldn’t it be a huge shame if there was a lock out next year? What are we going to watch, hockey?
19. Living in Canada, I am bombarded with hockey. I wouldn’t mind it as much if my hometown team was any good, but when you have the front page of every sports section covered with Toronto Maple Leafs news, and the team stinks, you get sick of it fast.
20. Not that the Raptors are much better.